God never intended for His people to live in defeat. He destined you to rule.
Ephesians 1: 19-23 “19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, 21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: 22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
Genesis 1:26 “26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.”
Matthew 28:18 “18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.”
Luke 10:19 “19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.”
Summary: Christ has all the power in heaven and on earth, portions of this power has been given to everyone that believes in His name and that is living a new life by the works of His redemption. Such people are expected to walk in dominion in every area.
Dominion means supreme authority.
- Dominion in its simplest form is power, authority or control over something or someone.
- It is the ability to request or command and expect a fulfillment of that appeal. To have dominion is to rule, to be in charge.
- Dominion is about knowing who you are in Christ and understanding that in you, through Him is the power to lay hold onto the promises of God and possess them until the day of Christ.
- Dominion is: 1. understanding that you can do what God said you can do, 2. have what God said you can have and be what God said you can be.
- Spiritual dominion begins in you. You will never be able to exercise power or authority over anything until you have first conquered self.
- Flesh is our greatest enemy. The church today appears to be on fire with spiritual warfare. Going against demonic activities, battling demons and rebuking the forces of evil, but until you conquer your flesh you are no match for the enemy.
- The bible clearly states: Romans 12: 1“Present your bodies a living sacrifice holy and acceptable unto God which is your reasonable service and be not conformed to this world but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind that ye may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.”
- The word of God has not changed! Except we first take dominion over ourselves, over habits and desires and unbridled lusts and passions that are in us we can never expect to have dominion over anything else.
- We must crucify, dominate and control flesh and make it bow to the dictates of God.
- You have to choose to be different. People who take dominion are leaders not followers
They learn through their test and trial. They learn through their experiences and they believe God to the fulfilling of his promises.
- Bring your body, mind, spirit under control.
- Watch what you say. Get your attitude together. Stand for righteousness
Stand for holiness. Uphold God’s word. Rejoice in troubles.
- Worship with commitment, And stand in authority.
Whatever that mountain is in front of you, take dominion.
- Don’t let it stand in your way. Don’t let it keep you from your place of power and dominion in God. “I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me” Philip. 4:13
Prayer: I take Dominion over the powers of satan and his forces in Jesus’ name.