Regardless of our best intentions, there will always be times when even the best marriage will experience problems and issues. Instead of running away or refusing to face these problems, we should instead run to God, who can make things right.
And since the institution of marriage is His product, it therefore makes perfect sense that the maker and designer of this great product be consulted when there’s a problem. God is the one who knows what is wrong with your marriage and how to fix it.
The power of prayer cannot be overemphasized. Prayer can repair any relationship, no matter the level of damage. It can bring spouses together, no matter how sour their relationship has gotten.
Prayer can mend any damaged bridge, clear any confusion, straighten any heart, resolve any conflict, and heal any hurt. It can bring reconciliation to your marriage.
All you have to do is call upon God. Believe in his ability to answer your prayers and remove any doubt from your heart (Mark 11:23). It doesn’t matter if your own situation is that of a trouble relationship; a spouse who has left the matrimonial home; infidelity; confusion; breakdown in communication, or a marriage heading towards divorce. God wants, and is able, to heal your marriage. Nothing is impossible with God.
1. Father, let your peace, joy, happiness, and comfort saturate my marriage in Jesus’ name. John 14:27 “27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”
2. I take authority over every outside influence that is polluting my marriage.
3. Father, let the seed of discord, hatred, malice, and separation that has been sown in my marriage be uprooted by fire, in Jesus’ name. Matthew 15:13 “13 But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.”
4. I declare that every arrow shot to destabilize this marriage is broken into pieces, in Jesus’ name. Isaiah 54:17 “17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper;…”
5. Father, heal my spouse and I’s emotional wounds and cause our hearts to be drawn towards each other in Jesus’ name. Amen. Psalm 147:3 “3 He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.”
6. Father deliver me and my spouse from the evil spirit of unforgiveness, hatred, anger, bitterness, and abuse that is poisoning our minds and relationship. Galatians 5:22-23 “22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.”
7. Father, give us the strength and wisdom to work through our differences in Jesus’ name.
James 1:5 “5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.”